Sunday, December 04, 2016

Dreaming of France -- Alps


Thank you for joining this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it

I don't know about you, but nothing feels quite as Christmas-y as the snow-covered Alps.

I've never actually visited the Alps during Christmas time, but it's on my list of places to visit.
Hope you're enjoying the preparations for the holiday season.
Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France. Please leave your name and blog address in Mr. Linky below, and leave a comment letting me know what  you think about my love affair with France, or your own passion for the country and its people and cultures. Also consider visiting the blogs of others who play along so we can all share the love.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could afford the Alps at Christmastime! Courchevel and Megève are full of Russian oligarchs. The Pyrénées are a little less pricy. And a lot closer to us.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with Francetaste! The Pyrenees are where we go, far more affordable, and so much closer and so much fun! But anywhere covered in snow looks festive and conjures up the perfect Christmas image for me.

our life in france said...

We have french friends who say the Pyrenees are much cheaper but its not something I would do, sitting toesting my toes is my thing

Sim Carter said...

Preparations? Holiday? Oh Jeesh, I better get busy! My Dreaming of France post today isn't new, but it's newly recorded and available to listen to in podcast form on SoundCloud and iTunes. Free of course.


Sim Carter said...

Here's my Dreaming of France post

Paulita said...

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I suppose if I'm "dreaming" of France, I might as well dream of the expensive Alps. But I look forward to getting to know the Pyrenees better as we move close to them next year.

But you are in France, Madame said...

We head 'home' to France tomorrow and yes, we have been dreaming of a white Christmas for weeks now. Hopefully, I'll have lots of snowy pictures soon on my blog...

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...