Friday, September 30, 2016

A Professor's Hair Diary -- Week 5

Four weeks into the semester, I've successfully worn a different hairstyle for each day of class -- that's 14 days out of 45.
My goal is to wear a different hairstyle every day I teach. I'm sharing on Instagram, where you'll find me @runningfan63 and on Twitter @paulitakincer. If you want to hear more about my crazy scheme, you can find the original post on my blog A Professor's Hair Diary.
"Did you get a haircut?" a male student who hadn't been in class for more than a week asked me.
"No, my hair is up," I said, turning around for him to see the back.
And that is as close as I got to a student noticing that I have warn my hair different every day of the semester so far.
On Monday, I wore a bubble ponytail. That's a pony tail with extra ponytail holders so that a bubble of hair is created between each one. Fat braids or ponytails are in this year, so any time you make a braid or a bubble, you are supposed to tug at it to make it fatter.


On Wednesday, I braided the sides and connected them to a braid in the back over my waterfall of wavy hair.

On Friday, I created a braided bun with three braids, each of them pinwheeled next to each other at the nape of my neck. I also twisted the sides before braiding them.

One more week down. I'm almost a third of the way done for the semester.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I kneel before your amazing coiffures! Fantastic!
Are you planning to do Michelle Pfeiffer from "Tequila Sunrise"?

Just Me said...

I agree this is quite the feat ! What if we went the other direction - I just read about 2 people (one male, one female) were tasked with wearing the same outfit to work every day for a week. Will anyone notice?

Paulita said...

Francetaste, I'm going to have to look up Michelle Pfeiffer from "Tequila Sunrise"
Just Me, Ha! Probably no one would notice that either. Or maybe they'd be too polite to say anything.

our life in france said...

I am in awe of your beautiful hair, so long and absolutely gorgeous, I wish I could grow mine but it is very straw like and thick so I tend to keep it short so that I can manage it better, well done.
,

Paulita said...

Roz, Thanks. It took me a long time to figure out how to control my hair. I hated it for the longest time, but now I'm beginning to appreciate it.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...