Friday, February 20, 2015

Birthday Prep

I learned quite a few years ago that the best way to make sure I have a good birthday is to make my own plans.
So, everything is in place for a spectacular day.
Today, I went to Trader Joe's and I splurged on a bottle of dessert wine. A tiny bottle of wine that costs $19.99, but it will go well with the chocolate cake with chocolate icing that my husband plans to bake for me.
The icing for this cake is tricky. It's boiled icing that is supposed to harden, kind of like homemade fudge, the kind not made with marshmallow cream.
As I was checking out at Trader Joe's, I mentioned that the wine was for my birthday celebration. A few minutes later, another check out clerk showed up at the line with a bouquet of flowers for me, compliments of Trader Joe's.
So now I have my flowers to enjoy all weekend and the anticipation of my birthday on Monday.

I have to teach from 8-2 on Monday, but my last class has already made plans for a class party. They're the ones who thought I was in my 30s, so, of course, I'm going to celebrate with them.
As soon as class is over, I'll scoot up to the salon for a facial (a gift from my husband) and a manicure (a gift from my daughter).
I've already purchased marinated lamb tips for dinner, so we'll have dinner at home followed by cake and my scrumptious dessert wine.
How bout you? Do you plan your own birthday celebrations?

4 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Happy Birthday; hope it's a great year for you.

My birthday is mid-Dec so every year my husband takes the whole family to this fancy brunch for my birthday. It's great as they even have Santa on site for the little ones.

BTW - I love Traders Joes, even though it takes us 45 min to get there.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Happy birthday dear Psulita πŸ’žπŸΈπŸŽ‚ have a fab day. Sounds super.

I normally only plan big birthdays ..the ones where people might surprise you ( my idea of a nightmare) ..next year is one of those....I am already planning not to be in the country. ,😁

grammajudyb said...

I don't usually plan my own birthday celebrations. But maybe that is a good idea! Happy Birthday to you, Paulita! I did not remember we are birthday twins. Mine is Monday also!

Lucia said...

Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. This year when I turn 50, I won't and I hope no one surprises me either. I hope you have a great birthday.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...