Thursday, July 12, 2012

Paris Blog -- Paris in July

Since the emphasis is on Paris in July this month, thanks to the meme from Thyme for Tea and Bookbath , I thought I should introduce you to another French blog that I enjoy. And if you are actually going to Paris, you can buy her book to guide you through the back streets.
Linda writes the blog Frenchless in France, although I don't know whether she actually speaks French and is just kidding about being Frenchless. She is from Texas. She married a Frenchman and lives in Paris. She used to have a house in Provence for the summers, but they've sold it now and are building a house in Brittany, I think. Anyway, it's along the sea.
Linda takes great photos around Paris and she knows about all kinds of secret places that people should visit.
When my daughter Grace, 19, was in Paris, Linda met her in Montmartre for the day and showed her this glorious reflection of stained glass windows.

As a matter of fact, I had to edit Linda's hand out of the photo because she was taking pictures too.
Grace was traveling alone and was intimidate visiting Montmartre the first time because some overly brazen guys grabbed her arm. The next time she ventured to Montmartre, she met Linda there. 
Linda has even written an ebook, a tour to Paris, that anyone could download to their iPhone and take along on their travels. I can't find the link to it right now, but it's called Secrets of a Paris Tour Guide  by Linda Mathieu.
Linda's blog is definitely an American in Paris blog worth visiting. Here's another photo that Grace took while traveling with Linda in Paris.
Isn't this a glorious shot from Sacre Coeur?



4 comments:

Louise said...

Those reflections are beautiful indeed. I'll check out that blog too, I love cruising Paris blogs....They certainly help keep the dream alive.

Mrs. Fry said...

thanks for sharing the blog and the lovely pics. going to check out the block right now.

Linda said...

Thanks for the mention. I appreciate it. And, as I said, Grace was really fun to meet.

Esme said...

What a lovely reflection.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...