Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Last Day of School

Today, my second child headed off for his final day of high school. He is ready to be finished.

At the end of the school day, the seniors will file out between lines of parents and walk to the football field where they will release balloons. I won't be there since I have to teach, but Earl will and, hopefully, he'll get some photos.
I don't feel sad about Spencer graduating, but maybe a little sentimental.
He only started school five years ago, as an 8th grader since we homeschooled until then. Here he is with Grace on their first day of "real school." I remember how nervous they were. Funny to see that he still hasn't mastered the ability to smile for a picture. Oh, well. Maybe for college graduation.

4 comments:

Delana@dujour said...

MAYBE for college graduation. All I got were goofy faces...as usual. Congratulations to you all, Paulita

Linda said...

Heading for an empty nest.

Just Me said...

Ya done good !

Thanks for sharing

DCMetroreader said...

Congrats to your son on hitting a major milestone!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...