Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grad Party Denial

I know I must be in denial because I'm not waking up in the middle of the night worrying about the graduation party that's happening at my house this Saturday. It's not just a party for Spencer; it's for four boys.
Two years ago at this time, I was in a fully tizzy for Grace's party. I'm pretty sure I even took some time off work to make sure everything got done.
This year, I accepted some substitue hours for Friday morning. I have done nothing for the upcoming party. I haven't started cleaning. I don't have lists of tasks to accomplish. I don't have lists of ingredients for food.
I have ordered a bakery cake and sent out invitations.
I think part of the problem is that I'm throwing the party with two other moms. Two of the boys are twins, which is why we end up with four graduates. I must be feeling like they're going to take care of things. But I know they won't clean my house, so what am I waiting for?
So here's what I better do before I go to work today:
  • Make a list of cleaning that needs to get done on Friday
  • Make a list of ingredients I need for my turtle cakes and pineapple upside down cakes I'm baking
  • Make a list of ingredients for the pasta salad.
  • Check to see if I have enough plates and silverware.
  • Wine!! I need to buy wine and make sangria.
  • Better get some pop, cause the 18-year-olds don't get to drink wine.
  • Stop by Sheila's house for the canopy I'm borrowing and drink some wine.
What else? Somebody had better help me get ready for this party.

3 comments:

Delana@dujour said...

My mom always said clean the house AFTER the party. It's too full for anyone to notice the dirt (except the bathrooms) and it's a big mess after they leave. She did not mention anything about Sheila or the wine!

Paulita said...

Sheila and the wine are the fun part, which I would not want to miss. Thanks for the house cleaning tip though. That one is almost as good as putting the vacuum in the living room and not putting it away until guests arrive, making them think I had just vacuumed.

Linda said...

It sounds to me like you have it under control. I bet it will be a lot of fun.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...