Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Paragraph - Tuesday Teaser -- Another Piece of My Heart


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
I haven't started this book yet, but I'm ready to start it when I get home from teaching today-- Another Piece of My Heart by Jane Green. I love Jane Green. She might accidentally be living my life as a successful author. The inside cover says this book is about a woman who marries a man with two daughters and tries to make a family. Difficulties ensue.
The sheets are drenched. Again. Andi takes a long time to wake up, drifting in and out, aware she is hot, then freezing, then finally, when she moves into a state of consciousness, wet.
Opening an eye, she looks at the clock -- 4:02 a.m. It's always four in the morning, these nights when she awakes, when she cannot get back to sleep. she turns her head to see Ethan, his back to her, his body rising and falling in deep sleep.
Lucky.


Also this week is Teaser Tuesdays.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser from page 124:
Here they are, in the waiting room, with Emily hating everyone and everything, wishing she were anywhere but here, Ethan feeling like his life is spinning out of control with no idea how to get it back, and Andi seeing her last chance at happiness being snatched away from her. Three people sitting feet apart, separated by a mile of hurt.

10 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I can relate to that intro "lately"...it's awful being awake when your partner is sleeping soundly next to you. Makes me want to wake him up and start a conversation.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I can't wait to read this one! It's on Sparky, my Kindle, and I just got it. Thanks for tempting me! And for visiting my blog....

Vicki said...

I have a few Jane Green books waiting on me to read.
Here's My TT

kayerj said...

interesting--I'd probably read the book. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Staci said...

Sounds like the story of my life!

Kaye said...

I, too, can relate to that intro . .I feel like I'm always waking up and TBG is snoring away. Errrrgh.

This sounds like a heartfelt story.

Thanks for visiting!

Nise' said...

Oh yes, I would keep reading. I am looking forward to this book.

judi said...

lots of angst....

Margot said...

Interesting opening paragraph. I'm not familiar with Jane Green but I'll have to check it out.

Linda said...

I think I read one of her's that I didn't like that much but this one sounds interesting.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...