Monday, August 08, 2011

Senior Pictures

Does it seem to anyone else like I just posted Grace's senior pictures last month? Well, I guess it has been two years because today we went to take Spencer's senior pictures.
Like the hovering mom I am, I stayed in the background and took pictures of the photographer taking Spencer's picture.
His first choice for background was the local, outdoor basketball court. He's leaning against the fence here, but the photographer had the basketball hoop behind him.
He wore this shirt because I love the way he looks in it. The blue really brings out the blue in his eyes. Unlike Grace, and other girls, Spencer was not too picky about what he wore for his photo.
He tried sitting in front of the basketball hoop and the photographer had him sit way out front of the hoop so she could get the hoop in the background.
Although the weather is still hot, the humidity is down and the sky was a brilliant blue.
For his next round of pictures, Spence wanted to go to the railroad tracks. I had told him to pick some places that had meaning. I didn't ask why these railroad tracks have meaning. I probably don't want to know.
We hiked up the tracks to this railway signal. We were all fairly sweaty by the time we got there.
Around middle school, Spencer started having fake smiles in his pictures. Now he's so self conscious about his smile that it's hard to get a genuine one out of him in pictures. I hope the photographer managed to capture some. If not, we'll have to go with taciturn photos.
Hard to believe he's going to be a senior already.

3 comments:

Alyce said...

Your son looks great in his photos! It is so hard to get true smiles out of boys for pictures, isn't it? I hope they all turned out good.

Paulita said...

I just looked at the proofs and I'm not crazy about them. I'll wait awhile and look again. We might need to go back to the drawing board. He looks menacing in some of them.

Stephanie said...

Wow. Spencer a senior! I still remember him during his Legolas period when he had long hair.

I think he is much more handsome in person than those photos depict.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...