Monday, June 14, 2010

Party Flower

The bee balm is blooming.

I'm not sure if this flower has any special powers, but, to me, it seems like it should be an antidepressant. Who could be sad when looking at this flower?
This flower is obviously the life of the party.
My friend Ruth, in Michigan, gave me some of her bee balm, and it's thriving here in Ohio. Hers aren't blooming yet, but mine are already mid-party.
This is the kind of flower that Dr. Seuss drew in his books.
This flower should have a soundtrack from the 1980s: "Celebrate good times, come on...."
Look at its crazy top with the "court jester" hat tendrils that stick up in the air.
This flower screams summer barbecues, the coconut smell of suntan lotion, and frosty drinks of pineapple.
Celebrate! Thanks for your encouragement, Bee Balm.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Just reading about your Bee Balm made me happy. Now I want Bee Balm in my yard too!

BFF said...

Bee balm is the crazy southern aunt of flowers. The one the kids all roll their eyes at but want to sit next to at Thanksgiving. Mine is just starting.

Yang Kuo said...

The one the kids all roll their eyes at but want to sit next to at Thanksgiving. Mine is just starting.

www.golden-slot.com
gclub online

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...